Navigate on this page:
View the Charts on your SkyView
We're assuming you have already successfully filled your Dynon USB memory stick; how that's done is described here.
A SkyView does not have sufficient memory to hold the charts. The memory stick should remain plugged in, or the chart will not be available.
For a two-panel setup, you’re allowed to copy the stick onto a second stick and insert that in your #2 panel. The #2 panel will authenticate with the master panel at system start via the Dynon network cable, and you will be able to use the plates on either panel.
Dynon SkyView HDX
- Insert your prepared Dynon USB memory stick into your SkyView panel.
- Tap on [MENU]
- Tap on [MAP LAYERS].
- Tap on the chart you want to show on the map.
- Note that only the charts that are unlocked in the KeyFile are listed. Always make sure to have the latest KeyFile and chart files downloaded.
- Charts purchased before March 2021 (filename starts with an F, H or I), can break the menu structure when combined with the latest charts. Advice is to only have the files of valid charts on your Dynon USB memory stick (filename starts with an J or 0).
- You can zoom and pan the chart on the moving map with pinching on the touchscreen as well as with the right dial.
Dynon SkyView Classic
Viewing the charts works very similar to SkyView HDX. The only difference is that in order to see the [INFO] button at step 2.2 you first need to click on [MAP] > [LAYERS]. See page two of this document: View SkyView charts.
Another obvious difference is the screen quality, some plates and charts shown on SkyView Classic won't be as sharp and readable as they are on an HDX.
If you run into problems while following the procedure, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Email us at [email protected] or use the blue "Ask the team" contact bubble at the bottom right of this page.
Please verify that you have followed all the steps in this manual, inform us at which step you ran into problems, and share screenshots or a video so we can assist most appropriately.