Navigate on this page
EasyVFR 4 runs on all major 64-bit operating systems. iOS/ iPadOS, Android, Windows and macOS. A minimum of 2GB of RAM is advised.
32-bit devices are not supported. A few cheap Android devices are known to be not updated to 64-bit. Also, there are some (temporarily) compatibility issues expected when a new operating system is released.
Currently incompatible are Android 11 and macOS BigSur. For more info and the latest status please read the article "Compatible devices and system requirements" or contact the team.
- Minimum requirements
64-bit and 2GB RAM. Effectively:
- iPad Air 2 and higher.
- iPad Mini 4 and higher.
- iPhone 6S and higher.
- Apple M1 macs.
- iPad mini 5 and the iPad Pro perform very well.
- Minimum requirements:
- 64-bit, +2GB RAM. Android 8 and higher is advised.
- We have good results with the following Android devices:
- Huawei MediaPad M5.
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 4.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (except SM-T810).
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and S6.
- Most modern smartphones.
- Download EasyVFR 4 for Android
- Minimum requirements:
64-bit, 2GB RAM, Windows 8 and higher is advised.
- Download EasyVFR 4 for Windows
- macOS Big Sur on Intel-based macs is not supported.
- Apple M1 macs do run the EasyVFR 4 iOS app.
- Minimum requirements:
- Most 64-bit macOS versions. E.g. High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina.
- Anything with the new M1 chipset can use the iOS app.
- Download EasyVFR 4 for macOS
- macOS installation instructions:
- After downloading the DMG, open it and drag the EasyVFR 4 icon into the Applications folder. EasyVFR 4 is now available via Launchpad.
- When you get the message "EasyVFR4.app can’t be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store" choose [Open in Finder] from that popup, then right-click on EasyVFR4.app and choose open. Now the same popup will appear, now with a [Open] button.
- From there on you can launch EasyVFR 4 from the launchpad without this warning.
- New (trial) user?
You can easily create a new account at https://easyvfr4.aero/trial. You will receive an email containing an activation link. After opening this link your account is activated and you can use the credentials you have signed up with to activate the EasyVFR 4 app.
- Existing EasyVFR 3 or FFM user looking to add EasyVFR 4 to your license?
If you have a paid EasyVFR 3 license bought via the PocketFMS shop, we have already added EasyVFR 4 to that license. You can activate EasyVFR 4 using the same credentials you have for EasyVFR 3, namely your email address and the matching Registration Number.
You can recover your Registration Number by filling in the email address of your EasyVFR-account here.
-> Optional for EasyVFR 3 users: To get access to the new forum and my-account area, you can create an EasyVFR 4 account at https://easyvfr4.aero/create-account. Please use the same email address you have your EasyVFR 3 license on.
- Already an EasyVFR 4 account?
You can activate your EasyVFR 4 app using the same credentials that you have created for the EasyVFR 4 website. In case you need to reset your password, please go to lost password.
- Knowledge base
If you like to search for an answer yourself, try our ever-growing knowledge base.
- English and German QuickStart manuals
As an introduction to the basic use of EasyVFR 4, we have made a QuickStart manual. Currently, it comes in English and German.
- Video tutorials at our Youtube channel
A short Tutorial about basic Route Planning with the Aero Navigation App EasyVFR 4 is available at our Youtube channel. Learn how to build a Route directly on the moving map and how to add, append and delete waypoints. Subscribe to this channel to receive all future videos.
Ask the team and community
We are all pilots here at EasyVFR and love to help out a fellow aviator! If there is anything you need our help with, please contact us via the forum or by e-mailing email@example.com.
Please share your suggestions, comments and feedback on our new forum.
The forum is structured into three sections:
- the downloads, our announcements and projects we are working on.
- the support section where you can ask questions about implemented features and functionalities.
- the new feature upvoting section where you can influence the order of development and even can bring in new ideas.
EasyVFR 3 and EasyVFR 4 are two separate apps. If you have an EasyVFR license which you purchased via PocketFMS.com, you can use both apps simultaneously.
In theory, nothing even stops you from using both EasyVFR 3 and EasyVFR 4 on the same device. Flight plans can be shared and are compatible with both versions. However, if problems do arise, please notify us by submitting a bug report on the forum.